Sunday, March 14, 2010

3 weeks down

I have completed 3 weeks of training. I wasn't sure how I was going to go about it, but figured that running 4 days a week would work best for me. I like to have plenty of rest days and love to use my weekends for gardening and other playing around so the weekends are great cross training. Wednesday is for climbing on the couch and wondering what I've gotten myself into...

This last week went really well. I ran hard for two songs at different parts of my route. Wow, it's been a while since my legs have moved quickly. Felt kind of weird, which was...kind of weird. It's like in a dream where you try to run fast, but you're running like you were in quicksand or molasses or something. I could really feel the effort in my legs on Tuesday as I was kind of stiff most of the day. I ran very slowly during my workout. I took Wednesday off to ponder nothing since I was so worn out from work. So tired that even though I got my dream camera, I left it in the box because the thought of reading the instructions was too much for me. My jog on Thursday felt pretty good. I was feeling so good that I wanted to push it and decided to hold back a quite a bit in the hopes that conserving my energy would be great for a really hard workout on Friday. It worked. I kicked butt working out with my light weights I use for shaping and ensurance, then did mini really hard pushes from one identified mailbox or street sign to another. I did that the whole 2.6 miles and I could really tell I worked so hard. But at the same time, it has been my favorite workout because it also felt so good.

I've tried one person's plan or schedule after another when training for a race, but I think I'm going to do a lot more listening to my own body as well. It certainly worked for me the last few weeks as I've eased into my training program. Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment